8.14.2010

Sand, Surf, Wind and Waves; Tousled Hair and Braids.

Almost 30 degrees in Vancouver today! Can you believe it? I almost couldn't.

Woke up in the morning and went for breakfast with my bff who's back in town from Toronto. We grew up down the street from one another in a very small neighborhood when we were 6 and 7. Funny thing is, we're nothing alike. We're almost complete opposites of one another but we love each other to death. By the way, we stopped at Damien's Waffles in Steveston. They were fantastic! I suggest the Vanilla waffle to start.

I love the feeling of warm sand between my toes especially after getting out of the crisp water of the ocean. It's just an amazing feeling. I don't even mind the taste of salt water on my lips.

To end the day off perfectly, I went stand up paddle surfing with Windsure at Jericho Beach. Our instructor, Dale was awesome and was very encouraging. I'll fall "gracefully" into the water and he'll just paddle by and say, "You just did that 'cause it's hot." I love the ocean. Reminds me of the time I was on Long Beach and saw a wicked kite surfer do a back flip while migrating birds encircle him during sunset. What a sight and what an impressionable memory. How lucky am I to live in Vancouver!


Also back in town: Rae! She sends me postcards from places she visits. I love her doodles (mainly because they're of narwhals). She once sent me one from Malaysia with a 'tropical narwhal' sketched in the water. This time she picked up a Sand Dollar Cookie recipe postcard from Bamfield and mailed it to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment